Friday, July 17, 2009

Not Fair!

We took Cole to the pediatrician yesterday for his 9 month check-up. He's doing well, and progressing as normal...except in one area. He is 30 1/4 inches, which is off the charts for height, but is only 19 1/2 pounds, which is 28th percentile on weight. The doctor was shocked when I told her he eats about 50 ounces of formula a day (recommended for his age is 24). So, now our little man has to go on....a high calorie diet. That's right - cheese, breads, and meat. Not fair - what do I have to do to get on a high calorie diet?!

6 comments:

Strong Family said...

I never have liked it when the doctor put our kids on a high-calorie diet. I really didn't follow it well. I really don't know what the big deal is that a kid is skinny. My honest opinion (since all my kids have been under-weight and everyone I know is under weight too) is that under weight is normal, there are just too many fat kids out there that tip the scale. So, I say, feed your kid what he'll eat, as long as he isn't starving. And he seems to be growing just fine.

The Petterssons said...

Cassie is still on a high-calorie diet and I haven't found it to be too difficult. Cassie loves "vanilla" and "strawberry" milk (pediasure), which she drinks a few times a week

Mom of three ♥ said...

I am worried to hear what our doctor will say about Sadie boo. She is way little compared to Sawyer. But if she needs to have more calories I guess that's what we have to do!

jenn said...

Amen, sister. Maybe we could start a high-calorie diet together?

Josh and Anna said...

Sign me up for the high calorie diet! I so wish I had that problem of needing to GAIN weight!

Heidi said...

I love this picture of Cole. You can totally see his desire to go. Which means you'll keep having a hard time making him gain weight, too much exercise.