Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!

As I sat looking at the photos we took over the holiday weekend, I realized I hadn't really taken the time to reflect on what Independence Day means - the revolution and the sacrifice required to break away and form a brand new country. Instead, the weekend was filled with family BBQs:Playing Baseball,Watching Fireworks,
Eating Ice Cream,Watermelon Seed-Spitting Contests, Going Swimming,And eating gigantic breakfasts at Village Inn.I started to feel a bit neglectful towards my thoughtlessness, but then asked myself: Do I think the founding fathers would have approved of my spending the weekend doing what I like, when I like, and however I chose?

Absolutely.

5 comments:

Shay said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I love Cole's smile at the sparkler. And Grandma looks in 7th heaven holding him. Happy 4th!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Cute pictures. I like the ones of Cole swimming looks like he was having a fun time.

Cassie said...

There is no other way to celebrate the 4th! Gluttony is America. I approve.

Nancy Allen said...

What great pictures - loved Kelly's house. Old ones have so much character. Everyone looks so happy!

Love,
Mom

jenn said...

Looks like the perfect celebration with all things American. I'm glad you had a great weekend.