Wednesday, March 3, 2010

These streets will make you feel brand new...

Last week, I got the awesome opportunity to go to New York City. My cousin Scott and his wife Becky took pity on Cass and I and hooked us up with a hotel room. (Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!) We stayed at the Millennium, which was fantastically located right on Times Square.

We knew the weather would be iffy, but woke up Thursday morning to....And Friday morning to...Scott, Cassie, and I had to buy new boots as our initial pairs all got wet through. I knew it would be snowy, I just wasn't prepared for the serious wetness of the snow. It just soaked through everything. (Notice the pants wet up to the knees.)But, we pushed through and had a ton of fun.

We went to amazing shows.
We enjoyed shopping, including a visit to FAO Schwartz and their famous "big piano."We spent time walking around the city, including Times Square and the Upper West Side.We had a...memorable...carriage ride through Central Park. Eating gigantic tootsie rolls seemed like a good idea until the horse started smelling things up.
We had some absolutely delicious meals, including sushi,cheesecake,and discovered this magical, magical diner.They served blueberry pancakes with lemon zest that still fill my dreams.
One of the best moments of the trip was ice skating in Central Park. Cass and I kept saying, "Okay, just one more time around." Twenty minutes later, we were still saying it.So, thank you again, Pickle family! It was great to spend some time with you in such an amazing city. I heart New York City!

8 comments:

Beck said...

Great pictures! It was so fun. All the snow made it even cooler. What are the chances that if we ever go back we will see snow like that again? Loved it. Thanks for being our navigator- it was fun!

Kelly Porter said...

I am so glad you had fun despite the weather. Good times!

Nancy Allen said...

It sure brings back memories of a trip with the "Barber girls" - It's a great city to visit! You still looked like you were having fun despite the snow, cold and wet. We will have to go again. Cole missed you, and said "Mom," a couple of times, and seemed to want more hugs while you were away. Of course, I didn't complain.

Josh and Anna said...

Wow, I'm so jealous! I went to New York once in high school nad would love to go back! Ice skating in central park looks like so much fun, I'm glad you had a great trip!

Tammy said...

CUTE pictures Danielle! Looks like you had a fantastic trip. I am jealous!

jenn said...

Oh, be still my heart. New York...how I love thee.
Looks like the a most amazing weekend.

And, New York looks good on you. I'm just sayin'.

Next time...I'm there with you!

Jenessa said...

So jealous! I love NYC! Glad you had such a great time, in spite of the snow!:)

Cassie said...

I might have done pretty much the exact post just now...!

It was so fun to spend the weeknd with you, Scott and Beck. I wish we could have stayed a whole week! Next Cass/Yell trip need to be in the works. DC?