Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day Off

Yesterday was such a fabulous day. Bryce has been working tons (up to 80 hours a week), and we both really needed a break. My mom and dad were so nice and volunteered to watch Cole, and we took a cooking class together with Britt, Corey, Kelly, and Jeremy.

Check out our apron'd "prom picture!"We made breaded chicken with a mushroom stuffing, spaghetti squash, sauteed asparagus, and creamy risotto with peas. SOOOOO delicious!For dessert, we made a chocolate lava cake.After, we headed to Kelly's for girls night. Her acre of land has turned into "Porter Farms," complete with horses, chickens, and crops. Her and Jeremy just remodeled their kitchen, and it looks absolutely gorgeous!We also watched "New Moon." I'm sorry to all those die-hard fans out there - it was so unintentionally hilarious it was awesome. My favorite quotes from the night:

Kelly, "If Jeremy were a giant chocolate cake, I'd have a hard time not eating him."
Britt, "If a guy in high school dressed in tuxedos like that, we would have shunned him and thrown milk on him."

Anyway, we had lots of laughs and ate lots of delicious food. How can you go wrong?!

7 comments:

Britt said...

Saturday was a blast! That chicken and I bonded!

Kelly Porter said...

So fun! I like how it looks like Britt is squishing the chicken in that picture.

RUN, HONK, RUN!!!!!

Britt said...

Honk loved it - we were cuddling.

Cassie said...

I WANT CHICKENS! And I would also like you to cook that dinner for me. I will wait patiently.

Stacey said...

Looks like a ton of fun! The kitchen is gorgeous too! Love the animals!

jenn said...

Okay, that looks like so much fun! Chris would love doing that. I shall suggest it to him now...

Shay said...

I need that chocolate cake recipe! Mmmmm, looks so good.