Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy is What Happens When All Your Dreams Come True

This story begins 2 years ago in a little place called New York City. I embarked upon an adventure with the Barber women to see this grand city for myself. One night, we found ourselves at a lovely little musical. We laughed, we cried, we sang; needless to say, an obsession was born. When given the opportunity to see said musical again, what choice did I have?
The night started with the drive into downtown with my mom to meet our fellow Barberettes at the Garden Restaurant. I considered the rainbow and beautiful blooming flowers we saw along the way good signs.
It was such fun to sit at dinner and talk about how excited we all were to see Wicked. Another good sign - we were given free appetizers - deep-fried pickles. Odd, but delicious.
Grandma, Carol, my mom, and I
Tammy & Jaycee
Randa & Cassie
We made our way to Capital Theater and were able to get an entire group shot once inside.
The performance was absolutely incredible, and I was so impressed with how wonderfully everyone did. I wanted to thank Becky for organizing all the tickets so we could go. It was such a great experience to share with my family. That's why....

...I couldn't be happier. Simply, couldn't be happier.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

My OZ! We all look pretty good in the group photo. That is a rare thing for so many women.

It really was fantastic. I imagined we were in New York again just for one night.

Beck is the best for getting us tickets. I wish we were watching it again right now!

Mom of three ♥ said...

I am glad that you loved it! I too loved it and wished that I could see it again already!

sweet pickles said...

It sure was amazing!
On another note, I can't imagine deep fried pickles. Interesting.

jenn said...

It felt so good being back in the Emerald City again. What an amazing show. Let's book flights to NYC and see it again!

Becky said...

Dude! You should have taken me with you!!!!!!
I am so jealous!