Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend was a wonderful break, and we were so excited to have a three-day weekend to enjoy. On Saturday, we met my cousin Jenn down at Star Mill for family pictures. She was so patient - especially since Cole was so fascinated with his surroundings he refused to look up at the camera. But, she persisted, and it's truly evidence of her talent that she was able to get this amazing picture:
Later that day, we went to Darin & Cindy's for a BBQ with the Thomsens. We all had a great time, and the kids had a blast. Cole bonded with his new favorite cousin, Mitchell.
Apparently, Mitchell enjoyed Cole's shoes:
The kids had a great time playing soccer:
And, um...I'm not sure what Brock and Mitchell were doing, but they had a wonderful time doing it:On Sunday, my mom and dad came over for a BBQ. We had some delicious food and some good laughs. My mom even helped me get Cole bathed and ready for bed. We were rewarded for our efforts with this adorable bum-crack shot:
And finally, on Monday, our neighbors, the Ricks, had a BBQ. Originally, we thought there would be just a few families attending, but then we walked out our door to head over and saw...
It was an awesome party, and such a blast. Bryce had a great time helping Justin and Mike BBQ...And Cole seemed fairly content playing with my flip flops.
It was a great weekend, and it was such fun to spend time with friends and family.

How long is it until the next holiday weekend?

6 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

Looks like you had a great holiday! I love the 3 day weekends when Lance gets to be home with us too. Cole is just too cute, I love his hair! He has more hair than my two kiddo's. He also has the same bink as Sawyer. Sadie and Sawyer both use those and I love the Nuk ones. Glad you had such a great time!

David and Jacquee said...

What a fun weekend! Your little boy is so adorable and I love it that he has a mohawk. I can't believe that with how much you guys did it was only over 3 days.

Lili said...

What a fun weekend!! I love htat picture of Cole in the wagon, I can't ge over how stinking cute he is. I'm with you, When's the next holiday!?

jenn said...

Sounds positively perfect in every way.

That Cole...such a handsome little guy. We need to hook up so I can give you the CD of the rest of your pictures. I hope you like them! :)

Lauren said...

So cute! Love the little red wagon!

Jenessa said...

Yay! Glad you had a nice holiday weekend. BBQs are great! That first pic of Cole in the wagon is darling! I love his bright blue eyes and way to go stylin the hair!:)