Friday, May 11, 2012

To All The Girls I've Loved Before...

As Mother's Day approaches, I found myself thinking about all of the women in my life who have shaped me.  Sometimes, we don't always get to tell people what an impact they have on our lives.  But, that's like the #1 benefit of a blog, right?  So, to all these wonderful ladies, thank you for what you've taught me.
Lesson:  How to love your family.  My mom has been such a wonderful example to me of how to love and support your family.  She is willing to help any of us with anything, despite being very busy.  She loves the boys so very much, and is always concerned and wanting to make sure we are happy.

Lesson:  How to be industrious.  The Barber Women are busy, active, and always looking for ways to serve others.  I hope to one day be able to keep up with them!

Lesson:  How to find adventure in every day.  I am always amazed and just a little teeny bit jealous of how much Cassie is able to pack in.  From traveling, to going to all kinds of events around the city, to having themed parties, Cassie finds a way to make everything fun and unique.

Lesson:  How to be resilient.  Jenn has had some serious challenges the past few years, but in spite of that, she's had the courage to learn everything she can about what she is passionate for and to start her own photography business.

Lesson:  How to be kind.  Shannon is so caring towards her family, friends, and even complete strangers.  There have been many times she's given me a book because she thought I might like it, or saved an article for me because it might be useful.

Lesson:  How to be positive every day.  Some might say Britt has every reason to be pessimistic.  But it's just the opposite.  She always has a smile on her face, and believes that there is good in everyone.

Lesson:  How to laugh at yourself.  Kelly has the amazing ability to find humor in any situation.  I’ve learned how to not take myself so seriously and embrace the quirks in myself and others.  

So, thank you again, ladies.  Have a wonderful Mother's Day, and love you all!


5 comments:

Nancy Allen said...

Danielle - what a touching tribute to Motherhood. I would love to have just a tiny bit of the talent you have for so many things -- writing, cake decorating, photos -- to name a few. You are so cute with your little boys and good about teaching them the important things in life. You always make me laugh with your funny stories, and I'm amazed at your intellect. You are an inspiration to me and Dad.

Shay said...

What a great compliment! (not sure I can live up to it, but thank you for thinking of me) You too are such an example to me. I would say that all of the qualities you admire in others are ones you excel in yourself!

jenn said...

Danielle, you are so sweet! And beyond kind for including me in this list of amazing women. I'm all mushy and gooey inside.

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it. There are so many things that I admire about you, and Jack and Cole are lucky to call you their Mama.

Cassie said...

Yell- you are just... adorable. I am so honored to be on this list. I have to say, I take notes every time I watch you with your children. They are so well behaved and you always take the time to sit and play with them. I love you!

Kelly Porter said...

Thank you so much! You are so kind and thoughtful. Salty ladies forever!!!