Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's Not You, It's Me...


Dear Can of Enfamil Formula;


You are my final can of formula. Cole is now drinking regular milk, and I must say goodbye. We had a good run, right? For 12 months, I purchased you faithfully, even getting the formula for spitters. You didn't come cheap, and I cursed your $25 a can price every week. I hated the way you smelled, and loathed the way you would clump in the bottom of the bottle and clog the nipple. More than once, I sat seething as a fine mist of powder settled over my kitchen after a too-full can was opened.

But, you did your job. You kept my baby happy and healthy, and for that I'm glad you were there.

However, I won't lie. I'm glad to see you go. Good luck to you, can of formula, until we meet again,

Danielle

5 comments:

Nancy Allen said...

Danielle - congratulations on graduating Cole to regular milk! Your pocketbook will thank you too - with that extra money, when are we going shopping at Nordstrom's?
Mom

Strong Family said...

Think of all the money you will save now!

Randa Pickle said...

That is an outrageous price for formula. Amen to all the things about it.

Randa

Mom of three ♥ said...

I agree, we were so happy when we didn't have to buy two big huge things of Similac every week at Sam's. Having my kids on Whole milk now is so much cheaper!

Angie said...

That is awesome!!!! I am sure many moms have the same sentiments!