Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diving In Headfirst

After making Cole's cake, I was so excited to do more, and this weekend, I got some great experience. I did three cakes - one of which was actually a paying job - and although they didn't turn out quite the way I thought, I learned a lot from each.

The first was a cake a woman at work hired me to do for her dad's birthday. They had an inside joke of snowmen in their family (I have no idea...), which they asked me to use for inspiration.
The second was for my wonderful Grandma Barber's birthday. She is turning 86 this year, and is such an inspiration to me. I was so excited to make her cake.
The third was for my Grandma Allen, who turned 80 last week. It was such fun to have dinner with my dad's family to celebrate, and I enjoyed working with the fall theme.

I really did learn a lot, and I'd really like to thank my family for letting me practice and for being so supportive, despite some of my "rookie mistakes." :)

12 comments:

Nancy Allen said...

All of the cakes are beautiful - so talented. I'm lucky if I can make a batch of plain old frosting and decorate the cake with it. Dad and I don't know where you got your talent - obviously not from one of us.
Mom

Stacey said...

Nice job! They look great!

Shay said...

Wow, Amazing! I think I should commission you too!

jenn said...

All three are just beautiful. What a talent, Danielle!

Cassie said...

You are a natural! Impressed over here.

Josh and Anna said...

I don't see any mistakes, they look awesome!!

Kelly Porter said...

These are great! My favorite is the Autumn one. You will have to tell me how you did the leaves.

Randa Pickle said...

Incredible. I'm glad you got talent, I do good to put sprinkles on a cookie. Mom loved her cake and it truy was beautiful and it was very delicious to eat.

Love ya,

Randa

Mom of three ♥ said...

They look great!

Britt said...

So cute! The snowmen are perfect - the detailing is impressive!

Angie said...

I really should have had you make Addie her birthday cake. I was truly embarrased at my attempt. These are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Becky said...

Awesome! You are hired!!!!