Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Wasn't it wonderful to have such a beautiful Easter day? I feel like Spring is really on it's way. On Saturday, we went to the Thomsen's and had an Easter egg hunt and dinner. Cole wasn't really sure what was going on, but it was cute to see all of his cousins help him find eggs.
On Sunday, Bryce and I gave Cole a couple of books (I love working at a book store!), and couldn't help but find him adorable in his little chick onesie.
I was also able to squeeze in a little time for some cookie decorating. I have a new book - Cookie Craft - and I highly recommend it. Such great ideas!
That morning, we went to hear my dad speak at church. He did an amazing job, and I love how touched everyone in the congregation was. All of the members came up to him after and said how wonderful it was. He did such in-depth research and related excellent stories. He is such a gifted speaker.

Later on in the afternoon, Grandma and Grandpa Allen, along with Great Grandma and Grandpa Allen came over for dinner. Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Randy gave Cole a cute outfit and adorable little puppy, which is his new best friend. Thank you!!!We hope you also had a great Easter and that the Easter bunny was good to you! :)

8 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

Looks like you had a great day! I am trying to get my Easter pics posted in the next few days. Happy Easter to you guys!

The Petterssons said...

What a fun day for Cole!

David and Jacquee said...

What a beautiful day you guys had. Your little man is growing up so quickly! And look at you all professional with the cookies :)

Cassie said...

You amaze me. Busy times with the Thomsens and you still manage to squeeze in mouth watering cookies! Cole is getting cuter by the minute. He needs a visit from his cousin Cassie.

Kelly Porter said...

I see you are starting with a puppy that doesn't make Mommy sneeze. I like to consider this a "gateway puppy"

jenn said...

I don't know why, but I have tears in my eyes after reading about your Dad speak in church. He is such a sweet man.

How could you NOT find Cole adorable in his chick outfit?

Those cookies look professional! They are beautiful.

Glad you had a great Easter.

Jenessa said...

Those cookies are awesome! Cute Cole in his chick outfit and just enjoying figuring out what Easter activities are all about. Glad you had a nice Easter!

Heidi said...

What a great Easter. I am truely impressed by your cookies, they truely look professional. I'm going to have to check that book out.