Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pig Roast

A couple of weeks ago, our family all got together - complete with Dave's family from Kansas. In honor of the occasion, my grandma arranged to have a pig roast provided by some neighbors. It was so much fun! We were able to see a traditional Tongan dance, do the limbo, and gross the kids out by showing them the pig.

Complete with a beautiful set of gleaming teeth:



Traditional Tongan dance:


My adorable and hilarious Aunts - Tammy and Randa:


My wonderful Grandma - she absolutely loved the dancing:


And finally, cute little Ike. He wasn't so sure about the big airplanes flying overhead.



8 comments:

Paj Ann said...

I love roast pig - tasty!

Aprile said...

Pig-yummy. Seeing dead pig-not so yummy. I can't eat an animal unless it no longer resembles it's original state. Looks like a fun family time nonetheless!

powellpig2000 said...

Oink! Oink! You forgot to mention the preacher that attended and cornered you and Bryce. What a fun night, we have a awesome family!

Cassie said...

Our family sure does know how to do a reunion right... or at least we are organized :)

That little dancer girl was adorable. And Ike- picture of perfection.

Mom of three ♥ said...

Looks like a fun family reunion. I have tagged you, go to my blog to see what to do!

sweet pickles said...

I have to say looking at that pig doesn't exactlymake me hungry, but I'm sure it was great!

Those pictures are great. Just love the Barbers. And that Ike!

jenn said...

I was so sad to miss that one! We have such a fantastic Grandma and family.

I'm hoping the pig tasted better than it looks! :)

Tammy said...

Danielle-
Cute picture of your pregnant belly. Give Bryce a little $@@%@@% for the flowers, he might feel neglected in a few weeks! Tammy