Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dear Bryce;

I just wanted to say thank you to my wonderful husband. You have been so supportive - not only throughout our whole marriage - but especially through this pregnancy. I know I have not been easy to live with. So here's some things I've really appreciated from you:

1) Not kicking me out of the car on one particularly bad morning. (I was taking out my crazy mood swings by driving very aggressively. I looked over at Bryce, and he was gripping the door handle a little nervously. I yelled at him, "Don't pretend to be scared - I know you're not!")

2) Not saying one word or even looking at me funny when I insisted we stop at a gas station for the second day in a row because I needed a slushy.

3) Spending way too much time standing in Babies R' Us while I debated which was cuter - the farm animal bedding or the airplane bedding.

4) Helping me get up off the couch. (I swear that stupid coach has gotten another foot closer to the ground since I've been pregnant.)

5) Drying my tears as I cried for the hundredth time over what in the world we were thinking, and how are we going to do this.

6) Painting my toenails because I can no longer reach them.

You are the best - love you!!!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryce is awesome!!!! You are both lucky to have each other.

Love, Kelly

Aprile said...

Looks like he is already shaping up to be a good daddy...P.S. I always wondered why I was worried about my toes when I was pregnant. It's not like I could see them or anything.

Cassie said...

Well how cute is that? I love Bryce!!! All those stories are hilarious! I am glad you wrote them out so you won’t forget them- especially the road rage incident. Still laughing over that one….
Cute toenails, Yell.

Strong Family said...

Wow, that is a great man you have. Mine would never paint my toe nails.

powellpig2000 said...

Pregnancy cravings are the best!?!? Becky love Brazil nuts I remember going to the store multiple times just for those! You guys will be awesome parents! And I am sure you'll have some grandparents ready to give you a break anytime!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Yell, you are so funny! Lance and I laughed about the road rage one too! Bryce is a great guy. And you guys will be great parents!

jenn said...

Awe, such a cute post! So glad you and Bryce have each other. It's much easier to survive that miserably rocky road they call pregnancy with someone supportive by your side.

And as rough as the pregnancy is, it is all worth it in the end. Can't wait for you to fall blissfully in love with your little one. They'll place him in your arms and you will never be the same. It's truly the best silver lining EVER.

Cassie said...

Hey yell- there is another gift at my parents house. It came in the mail for you. Ok. I have done my duty.