Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend was fantastic! On Saturday, Britt, Kelly and I went downtown for the Race for the Cure. (Although very little racing was involved on our part.)
So many people!!! This was the view up to the starting line (the arch of pink balloons), and there were about the same number of people behind us.
We enjoyed brunch at Baxter's after the race, and then Kelly and Britt treated me to a facial for my birthday. We ended the day with delicious Chinese take-out, and a truly craptacular movie - "Bring it On - In It To Win It." (Or should I say it was "cheer-tacular?") Thank you girls! It was such a wonderful day, and you are such sweet and thoughtful friends!

On Sunday, my mom and Grandma Allen came to dinner. We had a fantastic time. I am so lucky to have such wonderful women in my life. My mom is such a great example to me of service and love - especially for her family. I am truly grateful for all she does for Bryce and I - we love you!
Bryce was also very adorable and surprised me with a Mother's Day gift. He is such a wonderful and thoughtful guy, and I truly appreciate all he does.

6 comments:

Aprile said...

Cute pics! I love that you are starting to get the tiniest little baby bump! Are you going to our HS REUNION?

jenn said...

You are the third blog I've read tonight that did the race on Saturday. What great support for such a great cause! Way to go.

Glad you had a nice first Mother's Day. Can't wait for your new little babe to arrive. You truly do have such a fantastic Mom. She is so wonderful. Love ya both!

Anonymous said...

Our day was cheertastic!

Britt

Cassie said...

Yell- you look so adorable I am tearing up a little! No joke. I love you and upcoming baby-Thomsen.

Mom of three ♥ said...

That is so fun. I got a camcorder for my Mother's day gift. It was sweet of Lance he said he is so excited that I will be a mom soon so he wanted to celebrate that! It was fun.

Randa Pickle said...

Happy Birthday Danielle. I forgot to call and every day I try to remember to wish you a Belated Happy Birthday. You're a wonderful lady and I hope for the best for you this year. I hope the summer isn't too hot for you while you are carrying your baby.

I Love you and Bryce. See you soon.