Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thanksgiving First

Due to a series of unconnected events: my Dad's knee replacement surgery and subsequent hospital stay, it being the in-laws year for most of my aunts and uncles, and the passing of my Grandpa; this year, Thanksgiving was at my house.  Now you all know I can hold my own when it comes to baking, but meat preparation?  Sauces?  Hells to the no.  However, with some excellent guidance from those with vastly superior cooking skills, the results were not bad at all.  

We tried a brined turkey, and it was pretty tasty.  Slicing the turkey certainly drew a crowd...
The expert doing what he does best!
Graciously, my mom made the gravy.  It was completely delicious.
We had such an enjoyable dinner and conversation.  Thank you to everyone who made this Thanksgiving a success!

No comments: