Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wedding Cake

I'm really glad today is over, but it turned out really well. After a few glitches this morning, things went along okay, and I was pretty happy with the way the cake turned out. The bride wanted something very simple, and I tried to oblige. The reception was at The Rose Garden, and was beautiful.

Making some adjustments.
Ta Da!Bryce obligingly helped the wedding party organize their candy supplies.I made good use of the adorable apron gifted to me by an amazingly talented gal.It was a great experience - I learned a lot and ended up having fun. I couldn't have done it without Bryce's help - he was awesome. My parents took Cole for a sleepover - thank you guys as well!

12 comments:

jenn said...

It turned out beautifully! You did such an amazing job. I bet your bride loved it...I would have!

And, you look adorable in your apron. That Cassie is quite handy as well.

Congratulations!

Stacey said...

Absolutely beautiful! Way to go!

Josh and Anna said...

Love the apron. Love the cake. Way to go!!

Kelly Porter said...

WOW..................................................... I knew your cake would be amazing, but it is AMAZING!!!! I am really proud of you. You are exceptionally talented.

Mom of three ♥ said...

Glad it all went well for you! It's looks great!

Nancy Allen said...

Dad and I loved the cake - it's absolutely gorgeous! Where did you get such talent, as I know it didn't come from me or Randy. Way to go girl! By the way, Cole had a great time, and did his best to sleep on the camping mattress - he was a trouper!

Becky said...

The cake looks awesome!

Will's company party is at Le Jardin at the Rose Shop every year. Its an awesome place for one of your creations.

Cassie said...

You did it! Your first wedding cake! Not that I didn't have complete confidence that you would do an amazing job. Looks beautiful. I will start looking for "Yellow Daisy" fabric ASAP. :) Love you, Yell.

Tammy said...

Wow, I am so impressed!! It is beautiful!!

Randa Pickle said...

I love the cake - it's gorgeous. How do you do it?

The apron is cute too.

Love ya,

Randa

Jenessa said...

You go, girl!:) The cake is stunning!

Angie said...

THAT CAKE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE A TALENT THAT MANY PEOPLE DREAM OF BUT ONLY A FEW HAVE!