Sunday, May 23, 2010

Starts With a 3

I cannot believe I hit 30 this week! Crazy. I wanted to thank everyone for the birthday wishes, it was a great one.

Last Friday, Kelly and Britt surprised me with a night away. We ate at Cucina Toscana (one of my favorite restaurants in SLC), and then drove up to The Dakota resort in Park City. It was absolutely beautiful! I not-so-subtly announced to the front desk clerk that it was my 30th, and they upgraded our room. I swear, that room was bigger than our house. It had two bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi tub and one with a walk-in shower:A full kitchen with granite countertop and Viking appliances, (here I am sunning myself in the overhead lights)A living room and dining area straight out of a magazine,And an awesome deck with an incredible view.We lazed about in the 90 degree outdoor pool and talked all night. I sure do love these girls - they are so thoughtful. It was so nice to have a night away.

The day of my birthday, Bryce and I took Cole to school and just did what we wanted. We went to lunch and Iron Man 2, and then shopping. Bryce gave me one of my favorite gifts ever - the much-beloved KitchenAid Mixer!!!
And finally, we had a little party of Saturday. Cole was being a little bit difficult, so I completely forgot to pull out my camera. But, it was super fun and so great to hang out with friends.

Thanks again to everyone, especially Bryce and my parents, for being so thoughtful to an old lady. :)

7 comments:

Nancy Allen said...

I'm glad you had a great 30th - I can't believe I'm old enough to have a 30 year old. The mixer will make cake-making even better!

Stacey said...

Looks like it was an awesome Birthday! Congrats on the big 3-0!

Josh and Anna said...

Happy Birthday! I am sooo dreading turning 30, but it looks like you survived it quite well. And that hotel!! Can I just live there? It looks so awesome! Happy Birthday again, hope it was a great one!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Glad you had such a great Birthday! That hotel room looks amazing!

Kelly Porter said...

FUN TIMES! 31, here I come!

The Petterssons said...

Looks like a great birthday! I love my stand mixer, too!

Cassie said...

Glad you had a fantastic birthday. Who doesn't love a night with the girls? I wish I could have come to your party- but I had made previous cabin engagements. I love you and want to see you SOON!