Friday, May 14, 2010

So Angry

I hesitate to even post this. I like my blog to be about my family and good memories, not to make me or others sad. But I feel like I just have to get rid of this anger I'm carrying and maybe this will help.

The story of Ethan Stacy has hit me more than I thought anything could. I've never been one to bury my head in the sand, but I simply cannot read about what happened to him. Angry doesn't even begin to cover the emotion that cuts off the air in my throat when I think about him.

I know that I cannot change things for him, although I wish with all my heart I could. All I can do is hold my son a little tighter, be a little kinder, keep my eyes wide open to make sure I never miss what might be going on right under my nose,

And pray that there is harsher punishment for those two in the afterlife to come than can be found on this earth.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

You put my thoughts to words, exactly.

Jenessa said...

It makes me ill what they did to him. I'm so upset by it. It's true what you said about their punishment. RIP Ethan Stacy.

Shay said...

Amen!

Mom of three ♥ said...

It is very disturbing to both Lance and I. Lance can't even listen to the news about it. We just don't understand how anyone could do something like that to a child or anyone!

Angie said...

It makes me physically sick to my stomach as well. Rest in Peace, Ethan, you sweet little boy.