Saturday, September 5, 2009

I Remember Camping!

Last weekend, Bryce and I had a short camping trip with Kelly and Jeremy. My mom and dad were so nice, and volunteered to watch Cole. (I heard they had a fantastic time showing him off at church!) We went up to the Uintahs, and had an awesome campsite. It was within walking distance of the Provo river, which was absolutely beautiful.
Bryce couldn't resist the temptation to wade across the river. I guess he's got a little Cap'n in him.We had an absolutely delicious dutch oven dinner of pot roast and potatoes, complete with peach cobbler for dessert.
We also had some ghetto-fun and duct-taped our tent together after the zipper broke.
That night, we made s'mores, watched the stars come out, and talked and laughed.The next morning - bacon and pancakes. The dogs suddenly had a new best friend.
Thank you, Kelly and Jeremy, for inviting us. This trip made me remember that, despite how much work it is, camping is one of my favorite things to do!!!

7 comments:

Strong Family said...

We love going camping. Especially my boys!Next year you will have to take Cole with you. It will be so much fun, and he will be so dirty. But you won't care, because he will be so enthralled with it all.

Nancy Allen said...

Any time you want to leave Cole and go camping, Dad and I are more than happy to baby-sit. It really looks like you had a great time - but as you know, it's not one of my favorite things to do (unless we're in the cutty of the boat at Lake Powell).

Mom

Aprile said...

I am lovin the ghetto tent! At least it got stuck open, and not stuck closed!

Shay said...

Brings back all of those wonderful days of girls camp...cheesewhiz, chili, ridiculous amount of space taken up by one woman, chili...I know I said it twice, and most of all laughing a lot.
Or the Tetons. Your post makes me actually want to go camping again, this time with better food (preferably non-pan tasting or charred) and no dog.
It sounds like you had a lot of fun, a nice farewell to summer.

Cassie said...

That last picture of you and Bryce needs to go in a frame. TOO cute.

The Petterssons said...

Looks like a fun time!

Kelly Porter said...

YAY!!! We had so much fun! I think your ghetto tent was my favorite part. I thought I was going to wet my pants laughing!