Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Summer really is the busiest - and funnest - time of year. We've been having a great summer, and wanted to share some of the recent goings-on:

Taking Cole to Wheeler Farm - thanks to Shan for indulging my whim and coming along with Tage and Afton:Cole seemed more interested in bugging Afton than feeding the ducks.
Going hiking up by the Crystal Lake trail head with Kelly, Jeremy, Britt, and Corey:Undercover picture of an actual argument over how much chocolate is necessary for a delicious s'more:Throwing Kelly a 30th *gasp* surprise party:The ghetto birthday cake yours truly made - nothing but the best for my friends.Enjoying a date night out to a movie, dinner, and mini golf (thanks for babysitting, Mom!):
Whew - is it possible I need a vacation from vacation? And miss out on the fun? No way!

6 comments:

Nancy Allen said...

Danielle - loved the pictures of Cole (especially trying to play the piano with his toes)! So glad you had a date night with Bryce, and Cole is welcome anytime for a sleepover!

Mom

Shay said...

We had tons of fun on the wheeler park excursion! The cake is looks fabulous, I don't know what you are talking about. And take your mother up on the sleepover offer! (It took me 2 yrs to do that)

Cassie said...

I love a little date night. You guys are the cutest.

Cassie said...

And could you please explain to me what in the world is "ghetto" about that cake? Looks fantastic.

Jenessa said...

You sure have a talent when it comes to decorating cakes, cookies, etc! I'm finally catching up on your blog posts--fun to see what you've been up to this summer! Cole's 10 months already? He's getting so big and is still such a good looking boy! Oh...I loved 'Penolope' too! Cute show. Thanks for sharing about what you've been up to! You're awesome.

Kelly Porter said...

My cake was NOT ghetto!!! It was beautiful and delicious. A deadly combo for those of us who need to watch our waistlines.