Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Many Quirks of Cole

So, we've made it through the first two weeks, and have managed to keep our little guy relatively safe and well. Even though it's still early, we've already discovered some silly quirks Cole has. Anyone want to place bets to see which ones stick?

1. He absolutely hates having his diapers/clothing changed. On our two doctor visits, he had to have his heel pricked both times for blood. Did he make a peep? Nope. But when it came time to take off his clothes so he could be weighed, he screamed bloody murder.

2. He has a freakishly strong neck. When I put him on my shoulder to burp him, he raises his head up and bumps his way almost down the length of my arm. I have to raise up my elbow to keep him from flopping all over like a fish.

3. He is non-stop hungry - even if he's just spit-up half of what he just ate because his eyes were bigger than his tummy. Hence the binky and burpcloths.


4. He has little chicken legs.


5. He has the cutest smile - even if it is just gas.

10 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

Danielle, He is so dang precious! It was fun seeing him in person. I love his cute little chicken legs! That is how the twins were when they were first born. I love that picture of his smile what a sweet little boy. I am glad your having so much fun with him, hopefully he will get over the diaper thing. Sadie finally did!

Aprile said...

I just love seeing pictures of your cute little guy! He is already growing so much. I had to laugh at the pee-in-the-face post. Have you experienced the shooting poop yet? By the way, here's a great tip for little boys: Whenever you change his diaper, grap two wipes. One is to cover his boy parts while you use the other one to wipe. That way, if he does decide to pee, it doesn't go anywhere!

Cassie said...

Look at that face!!! I need to get over there quick before he grows up on me and starts dating.

Anonymous said...

Danielle - love the picture with his eyes open. He is starting to get his own little personality. I can't wait to see him again tomorrow. He is so cute - but then I'm his grandma.

Love,
Mom

The Petterssons said...

He is darling! Can't believe he is 2 weeks old already! Time sure flies by!

Anonymous said...

oh, you guys, he is adorable! how fun!!

Becky said...

Such a cute little baby! You look great.

David and Jacquee said...

He is so adorable! And you are looking great. I bet you are having so much fun with him. I can't imagine how it must feel for him to look up at you and smile. Precious!

powellpig2000 said...

Cute pics. Can you blame him for not wanting to change all the time! Sounds like a tough guy though I can't wait to see him.

Heidi said...

He is so sweet. I can't wait to see him and his little personality. Sensitive wipes helped Hannah with the diaper thing. She used to scream like crazy too.