Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Does this mean I'm a grown up?

Many of you may know, but I thought I'd make it official...

Bryce and I are expecting!!!

We currently have a due date of October 5th.
(Which I'm kind of hoping gets moved back so I can be on FMLA through Christmas!)
This is the night we found out...January 30th...I truly hope this isn't a foreshadowing of how haggard and tired I'm going to look as a mother.
We had so much fun telling our families over the past couple of weeks. At the monthly Barber get-together, my parents wore "Grandma" and "Grandpa" t-shirts under their jackets. They took the jackets off, and everyone was so cute and excited. It was such fun!
We also told the Thomsen's this weekend. Bryce mentioned that he had received his favorite birthday present ever from me. He then pulled this out...
(It's kind of small writing, but says, "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?")

We're feeling very excited and overwhelmed, and are hoping everything goes well. We love you all and are so grateful to have such supportive family and friends in our lives!




6 comments:

jenn said...

Happy, happy, happy day! Congratulations to you and Bryce! We are so excited for you. You'll be wonderful parents and having a child is simply amazing. It is the best gift and challenge ever. You will love that little person more than you can possibly imagine...it is the greatest! Good luck to you and I'm so glad you are feeling well. Great to see you last week...what fun. Take care.

Love, Jenn

sweet pickles said...

Yeah for you guys! That is so exciting.
I think the picture is great, by the way.

Becky said...

It's really such great news! I like the way you spilled the beans. And the hagard-ness of pregnancy is one of a kind, don't worry! ;)

Cassie said...

Tag, you're it cousin!

Look at my blog for further instructions.

:)

Aprile said...

Being a mom means taking the hagard days in stride and knowing that there is a goddess underneath it all who just needs a hot shower and an hour to herself to emerge! Congrats again!!

powellpig2000 said...

Congratulaions you guys I hope everything goes well and I know that the little one will spoiled by your mom and dad! -Scott