Saturday, June 27, 2015

Only THE BEST Disney Musical Ever!

As any child of the 80's-90's will know, when The Little Mermaid came out, it had the power to change a young girl's heart. It certainly did mine. I loved that movie. LUVED. I have crystal-clear memories of Cassie and I attempting to flip our hair out of the water at Lake Powell just like the movie and fastening our life jackets around our legs like a fin. I also had elaborate plans to write to Disney demanding they make small figures from the movie with various outfits to put them in. (I would have been in heaven if I had seen what is available now.)

Hale Center Theater - a local theater company in West Valley - put on their version of The Little Mermaid, and I knew I had to be there. I dragged the boys and my mom along with me. It was amazing. The lighting, set designs, costumes, special effect - fantastic. I wasn't sure how anyone could make a live version without it being completely cheesy, but we all loved it. Even Jack (mostly) paid attention.

Now, just to figure out how to grow my hair to my waist and fit into a shell bikini top...
 

No comments: