Saturday, June 20, 2015

Fishermen

Over the course of the spring, my mom and dad had taken Cole and Jack to various ponds trying to catch some fish. While many fond memories were built, no fish were forthcoming. On Father's Day weekend, we drove up to Tibble Fork to try the small lake there.
Bingo!
So many fish were caught, the other fishermen were looking at us with jealousy. The boys were so excited.

These pictures perfectly illustrate the difference between my two boys. Cole stands at a respectable distance and refuses to touch the fish he caught. Meanwhile, Jack squeezes the ever loving life out of his.
As this was also Father's Day weekend, we brought a special treat up. My dad has always loved Twinkies. I have so many memories of him eating them at Lake Powell; even going so far to teach a fellow camper and foreign exchange student to eat them like "tea cakes." This picture brings me so much joy.
Spending the day fishing and eating Twinkies? I'd say that's a pretty perfect Father's Day.

No comments: