Friday, November 7, 2014

Halloween Fun

This year, we seemed to have many dramatic and problematic issues come up with Halloween costumes. 

Sigh. 

Jack's three-year-old brain was having a very difficult time picking a costume. His costume requests included a pumpkin, a bat, Captain America, a dinosaur, a shark, and my personal favorite, a walrus. However, at one point I became aware he had requested to be a pink dragon almost four days in a row. I put all my creative juices together (which when it comes to costuming are very few) and pulled together this pink dragon costume out of a hoodie, a pair of girls tights, some pink foam triangles, and some crazy glue.
Cole didn't have troubles knowing what he wanted to be, which was this:
The package said "Phantom," but it looked more like "Death that awaits you under your bed" to me.

The problem was what the school would allow. This did not include masks, long flowing robes, or weapons.  I'm pretty sure a scythe is a weapon of the underworld. So, Cole settled on being The Flash at school. However, The Flash also wears a mask, which meant I had to apply his mask via face paint. Jack then insisted I apply "blue crystal wings" to his face.
It was a busy morning.

However, the boys had a great time that day, and we had fun trick-or-treating in our new neighborhood. Wasatch Dr. was the place to be, complete with full size candy bars and roasting s'mores in one generous couple's driveway. 
My favorite part was when Cole freaked out a bunch of high school kids driving by. His costume was really quite scary - especially in the dark. And the buckets of candy? Totally worth it.

1 comment:

jenn said...

So, so cute! And I love that Jack wanted to be a pink dragon. Awesome! ps- your rugs in your kitchen are darling!