Sunday, August 5, 2012

New-found Love

It would seem that there are no perks to being in the business of Employee Relations, but I recently found otherwise.  I arrived at work one morning to find two VIP tickets for a concert at Red Butte sitting on my desk.  I was so excited to go and didn't even care who the bands were.

However, badness was going on at our house, and Jack came down with roseola the day before we were set to go.  He was up nearly the whole night screaming.  That day was pretty much horrible.  That afternoon, I called Cassie and offered up the tickets.  And she did something that I owe her a great deal of gratitude for:  she said no.  Not because she had other plans, but because she knew we would have fun and wanted us to go.

So that night, we dragged our tired, middle-aged (AH!) selves to the concert...

And had an amazing time.

The scenery, the people, the music - just being together!  It was pure heaven.  I went home refreshed and happy.  

So, a big thanks to you, Cass - you made our night!  And another big thanks to my parents, who were willing to watch the kids - despite their sick cooties.



2 comments:

Nancy Allen said...

We are so glad you got to go on a "date" together--even though you were tired. We always love watching our little grandsons!

Cassie said...

I am so glad you went! I seriously love the Red Butte Shows. So relaxing. Next year- we should go to one together. What say you?