Monday, July 25, 2011

The Meaning of Dreams

I've decided to start a new "feature" on the blog. Most of you know that I have pretty crazy dreams, so I thought I'd put them out here and see if you could help me figure out what they mean. Here goes!

In my dream, the zombie apocalypse has occurred. I'm in my house, and I have a baby, but it's not Cole or Jack. I'm also not married, and I have a long red ponytail. It takes me a long time, but I'm able to make it to a neighbor's house who has a supply of food. Once there, I realize I have left all of the formula for the baby at my house. The neighbors advise me not to try and go, but I must - how else will I feed the baby?

As I'm trying to leave, an earthquake shakes the building. Two kids in the front yard get buried by debris, and we can't get them out. I realize I can't live this way and decide to become a zombie. I head out into the back yard where - for some reason - I know the zombies will be. The back yard turns into a series of slot canyons - I can't see what's around the next corner.

The zombies appear. The leader approaches me...and asks for my credit card. I hand it over. The zombies begin their work and I'm thinking this is the end. Suddenly, I hear, "WAIT! This has to stop!" Am I saved? No, it is the zombie leader. He looks at me with disgust and holds out the credit card. "This card didn't go through. Do you have a different one we can try?"

Analyze that.

3 comments:

Nancy Allen said...

That's a wild and crazy dream...so much detail you remembered. I think you are secretly worried about going back to work and being separated from Jack all day, but you know you have to because of money. Not sure how the zombies fit in--maybe just that they are the bad guys. You definitely have the Barber trait of wild dreams.

Shay said...

I think this is a prophetic vision of things to come. Note to self: Stock up on food and make sure my credit cards are all working. :) Your mom's diagnosis sounds pretty good too.

Wow! I thought the dream I had last night about throwing a party in my neighbors house while they were away on vacay (only to find hidden cameras all of the house) was crazy, but I don't hold a candle to you. What I want to know is how do you will yourself to go to sleep each night if something like that is waiting for you?

Cassie said...

Zombie's only take debit.