Sunday, July 11, 2010

Well Played, Counselor

I just want to send out a big congratulations to my dad, who was sustained today as the 1st Counselor in the bishopric of one of the student wards at the U of U. From day one, I've had a sneaky suspicion that a calling like this was inevitable, so it seemed totally natural that this opportunity would arise.

I'm so proud of my dad, and am excited for this new opportunity for him. Those college kids are just going to love him and he will do an amazing job. My mom will be a fantastic "Bishopric Wife," despite the fact that she may have to speak in public every so often. :)

Congratulations - we love you!

5 comments:

Nancy Allen said...

Wow - what a nice thing to say! We were truly overwhelmed yesterday, but I think everything will be great. Thanks so much for being part of our day.

PS - where did you dig up that old picture? We look much younger.

Shay said...

I had a sneaky suspicion too! Your dad is Awesome!

jenn said...

Your parents will do an amazing job with this calling, for sure! And I agree, the kids will love your Dad...how could they not? The ward is lucky to have him.

Cassie said...

I knew it! I mean, could there be a better calling for your dad? How many kids will he be over? I wonder how is going to remember all those nicknames...

Mom of three ♥ said...

That is great! Congrats to him and your Mom!