Saturday, February 21, 2009

Why is Our New Year's So Crappy?

Ahhh...the Chinese and their New Year. It's so much better than ours! Britt, Kelly, and I went to the Mandarin in Bountiful to ring in Chinese New Year. Besides having delightful food, we were able to watch a dragon dance. All I can say is that I would definitely NOT want to be the caboose on that train.

Super cool dragon costume

We were sitting right next to the drummers - which was fantastic for about 10 minutes.

We put a little cash in the envelope for the dragon so we would have good luck this year.

Kelly letting us know that good fortune is only worth about a quarter.

Apparently, I need to wish to not look so haggard.

Britt just about got her hand bitten off by the dragon devouring our wish.

Overall, a good time was had by all. And best of all? No making of resolutions which I have no intention of keeping!


3 comments:

Kelly Porter said...

Actually, I only had two cents for good fortune. Why doesn't the dragon accept credit?

jenn said...

That does look infinitely better than our New Year. Fun!

Cassie said...

Next year?... Invite Cassie. Looks like a blast. And deffinately better than my 2009 New Years where I went to bed at 11.