Thursday, November 20, 2008

Growing Up Already?!

I can't believe that Cole is 6 weeks old today. It has been the longest and shortest 6 weeks of my life. (If you have kids, I know you know what I mean.) We have been blessed with such a cute and healthy little boy who has begun sleeping for 7-8 hours in a stretch. (Knock on wood!) He's already gained over 2 pounds and grown almost 2 inches since he was born. Yikes! As you can see from the picture below, he's already getting too tall for 0-3 month clothes, although he hasn't begun to fill them out. Yep, he's our long, skinny boy.

But, the best part is that he's begun smiling and talking to us. It really does make it all worth it!

9 comments:

Aprile said...

Oh, what a cutie! Enjoy the newborn stage, because just as you get used to the sleep-deprivation, he will be eating solids, and crawling, and talking....it goes pretty darn fast!

The Petterssons said...

6 weeks old already?? Incredible! He is so adorable!

Strong Family said...

So cute! Ty was long and skinny too he couldn't fit into one pieces very well. Pants and onesies all the way, or at least no feet. And yep, it goes fast, it will continue that way, enjoy every minute, he won't always need you.

Mom of three ♥ said...

He is precious!I love his cute little smils pics.. And as everyone has said it sure does go fast! My kids are almost 5 months and I can't believe it has gone that fast already, kinda sad! Sawyer rolled over the other day and I know that Sadie will be soon and they are just getting bigger and bigger.. Cherish every little moment and cute thing that he does. We need to get together soon!Hope you have a great Thanksgiving..

Becky said...

He is really a really cute little guy.

Cassie said...

Just happy I got to spend the day with my little buddy on Friday. Now that he has seen me again- don't be surprised if he is asking for me all the time. We are friends.

Anonymous said...

Next thing you know he's going to be charming the ladies.

jenn said...

So sweet! They do grow way to fast. Before you know it he'll be NINE. Yikes.
I hear he is playing the part of baby Jesus in the nativity this year...can't wait!

ps- if Bryce is handy at all with blogs the way he is with computers will you have him peek at my most recent post and see if he has any solutions for my problem? Just a thought. Thanks. :)

powellpig2000 said...

Wow I can't believe how quick he is growing up! Enjoy it while he is small they grow up fast!!