Saturday, April 25, 2015

Jack's 4th Birthday

I know I say it every year, and I will continue to say it every year, but I cannot believe how fast birthdays come. In some ways, I feel like Jack has to have been with us longer than four years, but then I realize how little he still is. Jack is such an absolute joy to our family. He always has a ready smile, loves hugs and cuddles, and absolutely idolizes his big brother Cole. At four years old, his favorite TV show is Wild Kratts (or anything to do with animals), his favorite toys are little animal replicas, and he wants to be a veterinarian when he grows up. Do you see the theme? 

For his birthday, I made Jack hold on to one of the onesies he wore when he first came home from the hospital. I just can't remember him being that tiny. Every day I'm so grateful that he is such a healthy little boy.
That morning, we opened presents - including more animal figurines, of course. 
Then we went to the aquarium with Pa & Nana. Jack's choice, of course.
We had cake and ice cream at Pa & Nana's. I made the dragon cake upon his request. He wanted a "blue baby ice dragon that is cute, not scary." 
We also celebrated at the Thomsen's where he got this fabulous miner's helmet and light.
We are so glad that Jack is part of our family!  Happy 4th Birthday Jack-a-boo!

No comments: